Connect with us

Entertainment

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara 2 Finally Confirmed? Zoya Akhtar Says “We Are on It” After 15 Years

Zoya Akhtar has finally offered the clearest update yet on the much-awaited sequel, hinting that Arjun, Kabir and Imran could return — but only if their next chapter feels right.

Published

on

Dainik Diary Zaid 2026 08 18T081420.256
Fifteen years later, Arjun, Kabir and Imran could be heading for another unforgettable journey as Zoya Akhtar confirms that work on Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara 2 is underway.

Fifteen years after Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara became one of the most loved films of modern Hindi cinema, fans may finally have a reason to celebrate.

Filmmaker Zoya Akhtar has confirmed that work on Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara 2 is underway, although she has stopped short of promising that the sequel will definitely go into production.

Speaking at the Monsoon Film Festival, Zoya gave fans the most encouraging update yet when she was asked about the long-discussed sequel.

“We are on it,” the filmmaker said.

However, Zoya’s next comments suggested that the team is approaching the sequel carefully rather than rushing to cash in on the popularity of the original.

According to the filmmaker, the story has to make sense for the characters as they are today. She explained that the team is trying to find a narrative that feels correct while “catching up with these characters today.”

That could be particularly significant for fans because Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara was never simply a road-trip film. Released in 2011, the movie explored friendship, relationships, personal fears and the importance of actually living life themes that could take on an entirely different meaning as its characters enter another stage of adulthood.

The Reunion That Started It All

Speculation surrounding a sequel reached another level in 2025 when Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol reunited for a Yas Island advertisement.

The sight of the three actors together once again immediately sent social media into a frenzy. Fans began wondering whether Arjun, Kabir and Imran were preparing to return for another adventure.

The reaction became so intense that many viewers initially believed the advertisement was actually a teaser for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara 2.

Zoya herself acknowledged the confusion, revealing that “People thought it was a trailer.”

That reunion may not have been an announcement of the sequel, but it certainly demonstrated that the demand for another chapter remains enormous.

Why Zoya Is Taking Her Time

The original film has developed a lasting place in popular culture, and that creates an obvious challenge for its makers.

ALSO READ : Awarapan 2 Box Office: Emraan Hashmi’s Film Crosses ₹100 Crore Worldwide in Just 3 Days Despite Sunday Dip… What Happens Next?

A sequel cannot simply recreate the Spain trip or repeat the same emotional beats. Arjun, Kabir and Imran are no longer the same men audiences met in 2011.

That appears to be precisely what Zoya and the team are considering.

The filmmaker has suggested that the sequel will happen only if they reach a point where revisiting these characters feels natural. In other words, nostalgia alone will not be enough.

This also explains why Zoya has previously remained cautious whenever questions about the sequel came up. Earlier this year, when asked about Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara 2, she had simply said, “When it happens, I’ll announce it.”

Now, her latest statement suggests that the idea has moved beyond pure fan speculation.

Dainik Diary Zaid 2026 08 18T081409.025


Will Hrithik, Farhan and Abhay Return?

While Zoya’s comments have understandably sparked excitement, there is still no official confirmation that the original trio has signed on for the sequel.

The 2025 reunion involving Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol certainly gave fans hope, but the new film will ultimately depend on the story, schedules and the actors’ involvement.

The original cast also included Katrina Kaif, Kalki Koechlin and Naseeruddin Shah, all of whom contributed to the film’s emotional depth and unforgettable moments.

At its heart, the first film followed three friends — Arjun, Kabir and Imran — as a holiday in Spain turned into a journey of self-discovery. More than a decade later, the biggest question is not whether they can go on another trip, but what kind of people they have become since that unforgettable journey.

And that could be exactly where the sequel finds its story.

Fans May Finally Get the Reunion They Wanted

For years, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara 2 has lived somewhere between wishful thinking and genuine possibility.

Now, Zoya Akhtar’s “We are on it” is perhaps the strongest indication yet that the beloved characters could eventually return.

But there is one important caveat: the sequel is still being developed, and there is no confirmed release date or final production timeline at this stage.

For a film remembered for its message about making the most of life, perhaps waiting for the right story is the most fitting approach.

After all, if Arjun, Kabir and Imran are going to meet again, fans will want the reunion to be worth the wait.