Connect with us

Entertainment

Sonu Nigam Postpones Delhi Concert Amid NEET Protest Sentiment: ‘Keeping the Current Sentiment in Mind’

The singer has deferred his Delhi tribute concert as nationwide protests over the alleged NEET paper leak continue, joining several public figures who have altered their schedules in solidarity with students.

Published

on

Sonu Nigam Postpones Delhi Concert Amid NEET Protest Sentiment
Singer Sonu Nigam has postponed his Delhi concert, citing the current public sentiment amid ongoing protests over the alleged NEET paper leak.

Playback singer Sonu Nigam has postponed his upcoming Delhi concert amid the ongoing protests over the alleged NEET paper leak, saying the decision was taken in view of the prevailing public sentiment.

The singer was scheduled to perform at the Yashobhoomi Convention Centre in Dwarka on July 25 as part of BOSSitivity – Sonu Nigam Remembers Rafi, a tribute concert celebrating the legendary Mohammed Rafi.

However, fans noticed that tickets for the event had disappeared from ticketing platforms, while promotional material reflected a new date of August 15 instead.

‘Keeping The Current Sentiment In Mind’

Confirming the change, Sonu Nigam said the concert had been postponed considering the ongoing atmosphere surrounding the student protests.

“It’s been postponed keeping the current sentiment in mind,” the singer said.

The decision comes as demonstrations demanding action over the alleged irregularities in the NEET examination continue in several parts of the country, with students calling for greater transparency and accountability in the examination process.

Singer Earlier Avoided Commenting On The Issue

A day before the postponement, a video of Sonu Nigam from another public event went viral on social media.

ALSO READ : ‘He Looks More Excited Than the Kid’: BTS’ Jungkook’s Viral ‘6-7’ Challenge gets a new Angle, Sending ARMY into meltdown

When reporters asked him to comment on the ongoing protests, the singer chose not to engage with the questions and ended the interaction after briefly asking the media to stop pressing him on the issue.

While he refrained from making a public statement at the time, his decision to postpone the concert has been widely viewed as a gesture acknowledging the current situation.

Other Celebrities Also Alter Their Plans

Sonu Nigam is not the only public figure to modify professional commitments amid the protests.

Sonu Nigam Postpones Delhi Concert Amid NEET Protest Sentiment


Comedian Anubhav Singh Bassi also cancelled his scheduled July 25 performance at Talkatora Stadium in Delhi, informing fans through social media that a new date would be announced later and that ticket holders would receive refunds.

Actor Soha Ali Khan similarly postponed the release of a new episode of her podcast, stating that the focus should remain on the voices of students who are demanding reforms.

Growing Support For Students

The alleged NEET paper leak has triggered widespread discussions across the country, drawing support from students, educators and several personalities from the entertainment industry.

While opinions differ on the issue, many public figures have called for a fair, transparent and credible examination system, urging authorities to address students’ concerns through dialogue and appropriate action.

As the protests continue, Sonu Nigam’s decision reflects how the movement is influencing cultural events and public engagements beyond the education sector.